Want to impress your friends with a dish that sounds impressive but is relatively simple to make? Invite them over for a Spanakorizo! It’s a Greek dish that is served either hot or cold but either way you get to say the name of it and look like the coolest banana in he bunch.
The Greeks typically serve this with feta, olives and lemon. You can adapt this by substituting with a vegan cheese.
- cook the rice according to the instructions on the packaging.
- in another large pot, using olive oil sauté the onion and garlic until translucent. On a medium to high heat this should take around 2 minutes.
- after washing the spinach add to water that has been brought to boil. It should take about 1 minute to wilt. Then add to the pot with with the onions and garlic.
- add the rice to the pot with the other ingredients and stir until mixed in. The juice from your lemon should a nice kick to the flavour. At this stage you may decide to add in salt or more oil.
- in the photo it’s been dressed with olives, humus and a bay leaf. Feel free to garnish it as you wish e.g. with non-dairy cheese or lemon zest.