A snack or a side - you decide!
- Preheat oven to 225c/450f.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise into half inch thick slices.
- Cut the slices into half inch thick spears just like French fries.
- Toss them with a generous amount of olive oil to coat the potato pieces and sprinkle with your choice of dried herbs, i.e. rosemary/thyme.
- Spread in a rimmed baking sheet, avoiding overlap and bake, uncovered for about 20-25 minutes, until browned and crisp, stirring occasionally to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and toss with a light seasoning of sea salt.
This is a smooth and very moreish vegan mayonnaise.
- Place tofu, dry mustard, sea salt, apple balsamic vinegar, rice malt syrup and lemon juice into the blender.
- Blend with low speed, and pour in slowly the olive oil with 2 teaspoons of very hot water to emulsify the mayonnaise.
The mayonnaise can be kept in the fridge for 3 weeks.