- Pre-heat oven to 160C/350F/gas mark 4
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and fry slices of aubergine on both sides. Set aside. Repeat with the potato slices. *
- Lightly grease a shallow oven-proof dish. Arrange half the aubergine slices across its base & top with one pot of the ragu. Arrange the potato slices on top and add the second pot of ragu. Finish with the remaining aubergine.
- In a small cup add a little of the soya milk to the cornflour and mix into a thin paste. Add to the remaining soya milk in a saucepan and whisk continuously over a gentle heat until thick and smooth. Stir in the vegetable margarine* and season with salt & pepper
- Pour over the aubergine and sprinkle with breadcrumbs & oregano*
- Bake for 30 minutes.
*Tip: Use a griddle pan for attractive griddle lines on the aubergine.
*Tip: Use 50g of cauliflower puree in place of margarine for extra goodness
*Tip: For a gluten free version use gluten free breadcrumbs or finely chopped walnuts