30 x Garden Gourmet® Vegan Nuggets (or similar)
100ml vegan Teriyaki sauce
20g fresh coriander to garnish
125g ginger, peeled and finely chopped
3 x garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
100g onions, peeled and finely chopped
20g vegetable oil
450g jasmine rice
Cracked black pepper
750g pointed red cabbage
750g pointed green cabbage
600g cucumbers (approx. 1.5 cucumbers)
250ml soya yoghurt
25g fresh coriander
2 x lime
Sharing platter of Garden Gourmet Vegan Nuggets with teriyaki sauce, Asian coleslaw salad and ginger rice.
Time to prep and cook: 30 minutes
Recipe complexity: Medium
1. To cook the ginger rice – Peel the ginger, onions and garlic and chop it finely
2. Heat up the oil in a pot and brown the chopped vegetables without them taking too much colour. Add the rice and stir well
3. Add water to the pot and put on a lid on. Bring it to the boil and let it simmer on low heat for 10 mins and let it hereafter rest in the pot for 5-10 minutes before serving
4. To make the slaw – Chop the pointed cabbage finely and cut the cucumbers in coarse pieces
5. Chop the coriander and the nuts coarsely and mix it with the cabbage
6. Grate the lime peel with the fine side of the grater and juice the lime
7. Mix the lime peel and juice with the yoghurt and mix it with the cabbage just before serving
8. To cook the nuggets – To cook the nuggets, place on a lined backing tray with greaseproof paper and bake in preheat oven to 180⁰C from frozen: 8 minutes
9. To serve – Skewer three crispy nuggets (per portion) on some grill skewers with the slaw, ginger rice, teriyaki sauce and garnish with coriander.
This recipe is also great as a family starter to share.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!