This curry is spicy, fragrant, fresh and packed full of incredible textures and colours.
- In a small bowl, cover the raw cashews with cold water and allow to soak for 3-4hrs at least or overnight. The cashews will puff up
- Drain the cashews, then place them in a blender or food processor with 180ml of fresh water. Blitz to form a cashew milk
- If using protein powder. Add to the cashew milk and whizz for a few seconds. (You can see the cashew cream is creamier)
- In a big pot, melt coconut oil or add rapeseed oil. Add sliced red onions, crushed garlic, chopped ginger, chopped red chillies and diced celery. Brown for about 4 -5 mins on a medium heat
- Add the chopped sweet potato, carrots, squash. Cook for about 5 mins
- Add the curry powder and coat the vegetables for about 1 minute; taking care not to burn the spices (otherwise the curry will taste bitter)
- Add the vegetable stock, tamari or soya sauce. Bring the pot to the boil, then reduce the heat (approx. 3-4 mins)
- Now add the halved cherry tomatoes and tofu chunks (if using) and cook for 7-8 mins
- Then add the cauliflower florets and pepper slices. Cook for about 3 mins, until vegetables are soft
- Stir in the cashew cream. Heat through for about 3 mins
- Turn off the heat and stir in the baby spinach and most of the chopped fresh coriander (reserve some for garnish). Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Plate up & serve with a garnish of freshly chopped coriander
- Optional: a sprinkle of ground flaxseed. This curry is great on its own or can be served with cauliflower rice or basmati rice or quinoa. Delicious!
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.