Really, really good!
- Place vegetable broth and lentils in a pan. Cook for around 15 mins until liquid has evaporated and lentils are cooked but still have a bite (if the lentils take longer to cook add more liquid). When the lentils are cooked, drain any left over liquid from the lentils and keep covered.
- In the meantime heat some olive oil in a casserole dish. Gently fry together onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves until soft while you cut the vegetables.
- Peel carrots and cut into small dice. Chop the leek finely.
- Add cut vegetables in the casserole dish. Add bay leaves and thyme and cook at medium heat until vegetables are soft. (Add more olive if necessary)
- Once the vegetables are soft, add lentils and diced smoked tofu. Mix well.
- Make dressing in a separate bowl by mixing together mustard, 5 tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar and 1 crushed garlic clove.
- Add dressing to the lentil salad along with the capers and finely chopped parsley leaves. Toss well. Season to taste.
- Serve warm.