This cheery coloured soup is bursting with flavour, nutrients and fragrance. It is also very easy to make, using just one pot, a knife and a chopping board. (The less washing up the better!) Moreover, it makes use of store-cupboard basics so it is inexpensive to make.
- In a deep pot, melt the coconut oil. Then add the chopped onions, garlic and celery. Cook for 5 mins until the onion is soft.
- Add the diced sweet potato, carrot and peppers. Sauté for a further 5 mins.
- Stir in the spices, chilli or chilli flakes/ powder, stock, soya sauce or tamari, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and black-eyed beans. Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer on a low heat for 15-20 mins, until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the protein powder, if using.
- Stir in the lemon juice and ¾ of the chopped fresh coriander. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the remaining chopped coriander and sprinkle of ground flaxseed if desired. Enjoy!
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.