The most versatile vegan quiche!
Makes 1 x 8” pie dish or 3-4 single serve jumbo muffin sized.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Chop the onion finely and grate/process the cauliflower (to a rice like consistency) and add both to the dry mix, then add the water and mix through well.
- If you are making mini quiches, separate the batter now.
- Stir through your chosen additions (add flavours at the same time as the other ingredients in previous steps if more appropriate to do so)
- The mixture should be thick and clumpy but easy to spoon into a tin.
- I used an 8” silicone cake tin, but you could also use a metal one with removable bottom, or large silicone muffin cups.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan but leave the top quite rough for some nice texture.
- Bake at 180C for approx 30 mins until the tops is nice and golden, or around 20 minutes for mini quiches (keep an eye on the colour).
- Serve either hot or cold.
- This quiche holds together really well when cold so would also be great for picnics/lunchboxes.
- It also freezes well and can be reheated in the oven.