Ever so slightly chewy, kinda gooey, buttery, and a teeny bit crumbly cashew oat cookies!
I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish. Michelle Hunt
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave. Mix with cashew butter and maple syrup (add vanilla extract if using).
- Mix together dry ingredients…protein (if using), oat flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and vanilla powder if using.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix well to combine. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before stirring in chocolate chips. Place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out dough onto a baking paper lined baking tray to create 8-9 cookies. Gently flatten with the palm of your hand (they will spread a little whilst they cook).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 -12 minutes (until golden!)… 12 minutes for a firmer cookie but it really does depend on your oven!
- Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool fully…or serve the up warm with ice cream of choice… I’d opt for my Vanilla Bean Dream Ice Cream.
- Once cool store in a seal tight container at room temperature for up to four days or freeze for up to one month.