These vegan Pad Thai noodles make a delicious weeknight meal or a weekend fake-away treat. This will become a firm favourite in no time!
Prep time: 10-30 minutes (depends if tofu needs to be pressed and drained)
Cooking time: 30 mins
For the paste (or if you are in a hurry, use a ready-made vegan Pad Thai sauce)
2 medium shallots
4 garlic cloves
Thumb-size piece of ginger
2 stalks of lemongrass, outer skin removed
4 green Thai chillies
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground white pepper
Coriander stalks from 100g of coriander
1 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into half-moon shapes
2 tbsp soy sauce
Juice of 1 large lime (about 2 tbsp)
100g rice noodles, pre-cooked
Chopped coriander, crushed peanuts (optional) and spring onions to garnish.
Note: If using Cauldron Authentic Tofu block 396g press for 30 minutes. See the Cauldron website for tips and tricks or as per back-of-pack instructions.
1. Make the curry paste by combining all the ingredients and blitz.
2. Cut the tofu into planks and coat with the Pad Thai paste leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in the frying pan or wok add the tofu pieces and cook until golden brown (approximately 3-4 minutes). Remove from the pan and reserve.
4. Add the garlic, chilli and red onion and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is tender. Then keeping the heat high, add the tofu pieces back to the pan.
5. Pour over the soy sauce and the lime juice, then stir this for just a few seconds before adding the noodles. Toss them around for 2-3 minutes, or until the noodles are heated through.
6. Mix in half the garnish and stir, serve with the rest of the garnish sprinkled over.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!