We’re heating things up with this vegan pasta arrabbiata recipe. It certainly packs a punch. Who’s spa-ghetting hungry?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
3 cloves of garlic
A little oil
1 sliced red onion
1 chopped green chilli
Half a sliced roasted red pepper
8-10 olives, cut in half
150g spaghetti or penne
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Large pinch chilli flakes
Dash balsamic vinegar
Handful vegan cheese, grated
1. Finely chop the garlic and add to a pan with a little oil on a medium heat.
2. Once fragrant, add the sliced red onion, chopped green chilli, the roasted red pepper and olives. Cook for 5 mins.
3. While they’re cooking, put your pasta on to boil.
4. Then pour a tin of chopped tomatoes into the onions, along with a generous helping of chilli flakes (depends on how spicy you like it). Add a pinch of sugar to help enrich and sweeten the sharpness of tomatoes. A splash of balsamic will add depth to the flavour.
5. Mix everything together and cook on a medium heat while the pasta cooks.
6. Add your pasta to the pan and mix thoroughly.
7. Transfer to two pasta bowls, grate some of your favourite vegan cheese and garnish with a generous handful of peppery rocket. Bellissimo!
If you enjoyed this vegan arrabbiata, check out this creamy sundried tomato pasta recipe.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!