This soup is a family favourite. It is healthy, easy and quick to make, delicious, satisfying and freezes well too. I love making extra to take for lunch for the working week.
- In a deep-bottomed pot, melt the coconut oil. Add the crushed garlic, chopped onions and sweet potato chunks and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer the soup for approx. 13 mins until the vegetables are all soft (you can check this by poking a fork through a couple of the sweet potato chunks).
- Remove from the heat. If using silken tofu or protein powder add this now and blend to make a creamy soup. (A hand-blender is great for this!)
- Return the blended soup to the hob and on a low heat stir in the sweet corn, sliced peppers, most of the chopped chilli and spring onions. Stir for about 3-4 mins until cooked through.
- Stir in the cashew cream or coconut cream, if using.
- Stir in the milled chia seeds or protein powder if using.
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped spring onion, a few slices of chopped chilli and some finely chopped parsley. Enjoy!
To transform this soup into a chowder, you have options! You can add coconut cream, cashew cream or silken tofu – they all work well!
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.