These sweet potato, sun dried tomato chilli falafels are tasty, quick and easy to make, gluten free and high in protein!
- Peel the sweet potatoes and red onion and cut roughly. Place these into a blender or food processor along with the ground flaxseed and blitz to form coarse pieces. (this will give the falafels some texture).
- Pour contents into a bowl. Stir in the crushed garlic cloves.
- Put the drained cooked chickpeas, sundried tomatoes, chillies, tahini, lemon juice & protein powder into the blender or food processor (no need to wash from the sweet potato mixture), and whizz well to form a stiff paste.
- Combine the sweet potato mixture and chick pea mixture together. Stir in the chopped herbs of choice. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Shape into balls using your hands and then flatten into patties. Chill for at least 20 mins before pan-frying in coconut oil for 8 mins on each side.
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.