Approx 250g seitan
Handful of coriander leaves
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp rice vinegar or similar
1 tsp sesame seeds
These sweet spiced seitan skewers are sure to be a hit with your BBQ guests.
Many people believe that vegan BBQ options are limited to vegetable skewers, but this recipe is here to prove them wrong.
Seitan is a great vegan meat replacement and even meat eaters will be pleasantly surprised by how realistic it is!
1. If using bamboo skewers, pop them in water to soak to help prevent them burning
2. Chop the seitan into 1/2 inch thick pieces – don’t worry too much about uniformity
3. Chop the chillies and coriander leaves
4. Place the seitan, chillies, coriander, and ginger into a bowl
5. Add the liquid ingredients and sesame seeds
6. Mix well then leave to soak for 15-20 minutes
7. Place onto skewers in desired portions
8. Spoon any leftover mixture over the skewers
9. Grill & eat!
Hungry for more? Discover more of our vegan BBQ recipes.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!