To celebrate Veganuary Chicken Week, THIS created a delicious Butter Chicken recipe using THIS Isn’t Chicken!
For the THIS isn’t Butter Chicken Sauce:
Step One: marinade THIS Isn’t Chicken
1. In a bowl mix all the chicken tikka marinade ingredients together. Add the THIS chicken and stir to coat well. Leave covered in the fridge for 30 minutes so the chicken soak up the marinade.
2. Grab a skillet and drizzle some oil in the bottom of the pan, fry the marinated chicken pieces for 5 minutes until they start to change colour and brown.
Step Two: Butter Chicken Sauce
1. Melt 1 tbsp of the vegan butter in a large pan on a medium heat, add the chopped onions, ginger and garlic. Cook for approximately 8-9 minutes until onions are soft and translucent. Add the Butter Chicken Blend and stir for a few seconds.
2. Add the tinned tomatoes, sugar, salt, plant-based milk and water, then stir until mixed well together. Cover and cook on a medium heat for 10 mins. Remove the pan from the heat and place the mixture into a blender or food processor until it forms a smooth curry texture.
3. Add the THIS isn’t chicken pieces into the sauce, stir and cook for a further 3-4 mins on medium heat until the chicken is heated through. Add the cream, remaining Tbsp of butter, and the Garam Masala. Stir and cook for a further 2 mins. Serve with a sprinkle of chopped coriander.