The Queen Inn is a traditional pub located in Upper Cwmbran, South Wales, and is well known for their top quality food around the local area. The owners of 17+ years wholeheartedly support the future of veganism, two of the three owners being vegan.
For January 2022, their menu will be 100% vegan and will feature pub classics like cottage pie and lasagne. Beyond Veganuary, The Queen will then aim to have 50% of the menu as plant based.
Located at the bottom of Blaen Bran woodland, they’re in an amazing location for mountain walks. They love dogs and even offer vegan sausages and vegan dog’s ice cream on the menu!
So what’s on The Queen Inn Pub’s Veganuary menu?
- Buddha bowl. Avocado, crispy tofu, diced sweet potato, sweetcorn, tomatoes, beansprouts and rice on a bed of spinach, topped with a teriyaki sauce and pumpkin seeds
- L*mb doner kebab. With red cabbage, coleslaw, and mint sauce on a garlic naan
- Spicy shrmp kung pao noodles with beansprouts and spinach.
- Teriyaki crispy tofu noodles with beansprouts and spinach.
- Baked Mexican ch*cken enchiladas with spicy rice.
- Cottage pie with garlic & rosemary roasted new potatoes and peas
- Winter vegetable pie with mash and green beans
- B*ef lasagne with a garlic ciabatta and fresh salad
- Vegetable lasagne with a garlic ciabatta and fresh salad
- Ch*ken madras with rice and/or chips
- Keralan cauliflower & red pepper curry with rice and/or chips
- Sausage and vegetable casserole with a crusty ciabatta
- Chilli-non-carne with basmati rice
- Ch*ken & b*con tagliatelle carbonara with a garlic ciabatta
- B*ef tagliatelle bolognese with a garlic ciabatta
- Home baked three cheese or pepperoni pizza
- Mediterranean vegetable tart with new potatoes and green beans
- Battered codless goujons with chips, mushy peas, and chip shop curry
- Lincolnshire or Richmond sausages, mash, peas, and gravy
- Ch*ken kiev with chips and peas
- The Queen Inn burger. Moving mountains patty, b*con, cheese, onion rings, and BBQ sauce, served with chips and coleslaw.
- Breakfast burger. Moving mountains patty, b*con, hash browns, avocado, cheese, and ketchup served with chips and coleslaw.
- Seitan’s hell burger. Homemade ch*ken patty, crushed chillies, cheese with firecracker sauce served with a chilli, chips, and coleslaw.
- Motherclucker burger. Homemade ch*ken patty, hash browns, avocado, cheese with garlic mayo sauce served with chips and coleslaw.
- Ultimate burger. Beyond patty, ch*ken patty, b*con, cheese, onion rings and BBQ sauce with chips and coleslaw.
- Spicy bean burger. Bombay Badboy patty, cheese, avocado, and hot sauce with chips and coleslaw.
- Glutenless burger. Butternut squash & chickpea patty with ch*ese and BBQ sauce in a GF bun with chips and coleslaw
Garlic and chilli edamame beans
Cauliflower cheese / Chilli cheese bites
Tomato and basil bruschetta
Spiced chrizo BBQ ribs Garlic and chilli shrmp
Pâté on toast
Baguettes, Jacket Potatoes and Toasties
Wide range of fillings available from cajun chi*ken through to avocado and tomato or teriyaki tofu.
- Selection of homemade cheesecakes
- Duo of biscoff-coated ice cream balls with biscoff sauce
- Duo of oreo-coated ice cream balls with chocolate sauce
- Triple chocolate brownie with ice cream, cream, or custard
- Chocolate orange tart GF with ice cream, cream, or custard
- Apple pie with ice cream, cream, or custard
- Chocolate devil’s cake with ice cream, cream, or custard
- Duo of fruit sorbet
- Ch*cken nuggets with chips, peas, or beans
- Lincolnshire GF or Richmond sausages with chips, peas, or beans
- Fishless fingers with chips, peas, or beans
- Moving mountains burger with chips, peas, or beans
- Grower bowl. Crispy tofu, diced sweet potato, beansprouts, and rice on a bed of spinach, topped with a teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds
- Portion of sausages
- Tub of dog’s ice cream
Information accurate as of 04/01/2022.