Join Our International Family & Make An Impact By Leading Our Germany Campaigns
We’re Looking for an enthusiastic, committed and driven leader to run our German Veganuary campaigns, as we expand into our international flagship locations!
Salary: €31,000 – €36,000
Hours of work: Full-Time
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Work base: Home-based in Germany or Austria
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract (with a view to extend to a permanent position)
As a dynamic creative and well-connected senior project manager you will lead the Veganuary campaign in Germany. You’ll be a driven campaigner, well-versed with vegan advocacy; a natural networker with an excellent contact network; an opportunity-taker and opportunity-maker.
This pivotal role for the organisation will build the Veganuary brand in Germany, growing relationships with companies, media, influencers and other stakeholders. You’ll create social media campaigns and a new German-focused Veganuary pledge campaign. You’ll lead the implementation of Veganuary’s PR and marketing strategy in Germany supporting the January pledge campaign with creative content and ideas.
Along the way you’ll be supported by a Social Media/Marketing Manager in Germany and our growing UK-based staff team. This role is part of Veganuary’s senior management team and reports directly to the CEO.
This is a full-time role for a fixed term of 2 years, in contract with Veganuary, a UK-based non-profit. Subject to funding this will become a permanent role.
- With the CEO, develop and implement a strategic plan for the region with measurable goals and objectives that align with Veganuary’s overall strategic plan.
- Deliver an impactful marketing and PR campaign for Veganuary’s January pledge by providing bespoke content and insight for the German audience.
- Manage a media campaign to maximise brand exposure in Germany and represent Veganuary in the region.
- Grow awareness of the Veganuary brand amongst stakeholders, influencers, the media, other advocacy organisations and potential supporters.
- Build relationships with food brands such as restaurants, retailers and manufacturers, identifying opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Represent Veganuary in varied forums such as national and international conferences, partner and donor meetings.
- Work within the senior management team to identify key campaign opportunities to drive positive change.
- Ensure that key campaign outcomes are evaluated and leveraged for maximum organisational impact.
- Effectively recruit, manage, and develop team members as resources permit.
- Ensure that Veganuary adheres to all government guidelines and regulations in Germany.
- Undertake appropriate domestic or international travel to accomplish the responsibilities of the role.
- Undertake any further duties that may reasonably be required of the role.
- Native German speaker, currently residing in Germany or Austria.
- Working knowledge of the English language in order to competently communicate and work with our UK team.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience in liaising with the media, giving media interviews and public speaking essential. Delivering campaign messages succinctly and persuasively through TV, radio, written media and talks to live audiences.
- Line management experience.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing successful communications and marketing strategies.
- Designing and delivering effective campaign tactics using social media.
- Producing high quality written communications, such as social media posts, blogs, pitches and press releases.
- Previous experience working within the animal rights/protection movement.
- Complete alignment to the values of Veganuary as a vegan organisation as well as a thorough understanding of all aspects of veganism.
- Media and Industry Contacts.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal and relationship development skills, with the ability to relate effectively to and influence people at all levels, and represent the organisation externally including with other non-profit organisations, corporate businesses and donors.
- A demonstrable ability to work proactively and collaboratively.
Please submit an up to date resume (‘CV’) and a cover letter of no more than 750 words that answers the following questions:
Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
What will you bring to our charity?
What are your salary expectations?
Please send this to: [email protected]. You may send your application in German or in English.
Closing date for completed applications: 25 June 2019. We’re keen to fill the position soon so will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.