This one-bowl recipe for banana muffins is super simple, quick and delicious. With Autumn spices, chocolate and sour cherries, these are the perfect, healthy breakfast snack.
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Blitz the oats in a food processor until you have a flour (you can use flour if you don’t have a food processor).
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until you have a smooth purée and stir in the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate spread/chocolate.
- Half-fill each muffin pocket with the muffin mixture, place ½ a tsp of the chocolate in the centre of each, then cover with the rest of the mix.
- Place on the top shelf of the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
NOTES: To ensure these muffins are gluten-free, use gluten-free oats and baking powder.