Have a few overripe bananas hanging about? Don't throw away... Bake this! It's delicious.
- Mash the peeled bananas with a fork and mix in with oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and combine well.
- Add the seeds and crushed walnuts
- Baked in a lined 8in cake tin for about 15 minutes, before checking. Continue baking, checking every 5 minutes until a cocktail stick, popped into the middle of the cake, comes out clean.
- Stand to cool and then remove from the tin.
For the icing:
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl, add the water and mix into a thick paste.
- Add the golden syrup and make a thick mixture. To make sure it glazes the cake without running off the edges too much check the mixture is thick enough not run off of a spoon.
- If it’s really thick, use a pallet knife or back of a large spoon which had been warmed in a glass of hot water, to spread the icing over the cake.