This vegan toad in the hole proves you don’t have to miss out on any of the classics. This hearty dish is perfect for the whole family.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
125g self-raising flour
100g flour (chickpea)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp Za’atar
400ml oat milk
4 tbsp rapeseed oil
6 Beyond Meat Sausages (or similar)
1 red onion in wedges
200g rainbow baby carrots sliced
1. Preheat the oven at 210°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the flours, baking powder, salt, turmeric and za’atar. In a jug measure the oat milk then whisk it in the dry ingredients until you have a smooth batter. Place it in the fridge until needed.
3. Pour 3 tbsp of oil in the roasting tin (enough to cover all the base) and place it in the oven to heat up for around 7 minutes.
4. In the meantime, in a large frying pan on medium-low heat add 1 tbsp of oil, once warm add the sausages and gently cook all around until evenly golden. Remove from the heat.
5. Carefully remove the tin from the oven, pour the batter you kept in the fridge and evenly spread sausages, onion wedges and sliced carrots in the batter. Bake for around 30 minutes on a low oven shelf, until the batter is puffed and golden. Enjoy!
Looking for more traditional recipes? Try this vegan chestnut and mushroom wellington.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!