2 tbsp olive oil
4 Meatless Farm Chicken Breasts (or similar) cut into large chunks
2 large shallots finely chopped
1 carrot peeled and finely chopped
1 celery stick finely sliced
2 sprigs rosemary
2 bay leaves
4 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 red pepper sliced
150g pitted mixed olives
1 vegan chicken/veg stock cube
50ml balsamic vinegar
100ml boiling water
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
To serve (optional)
Large handful parsley, roughly chopped
Finely chopped sundried tomatoes
Crusty vegan bread
This vegan chicken cacciatore is a delicious, comforting one-pot dish. Perfect for those chilly evenings!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1. Heat olive oil in a large, non-stick casserole pan over a medium heat. Whilst heating, season vegan chicken breasts all over with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Once the oil is hot, add seasoned plant-based chicken breasts and cook for 3 mins on each side until golden (ensure that you move about to stop any sticking to the pan).
3. Remove chicken from the pan and set to one side. Using the same pan, now add shallots, carrot, celery, rosemary and bay leaves and cook for 5 mins, continuously stirring until softened. Add garlic and cook for a further min until fragrant.
4. Add the peppers, olives, crumbled stock cube, balsamic and water and simmer over a medium-high heat for 5 mins until the liquid has halved.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for a further 10 mins before adding chicken and cooking over a low-medium heat for a further 5 mins.
6. Leave in the pan, sprinkle with parsley and sundried tomatoes and place in the centre of the table with some torn, crusty bread for the ultimate, one-pot family warmer.
Discover more vegan one-pot recipes!
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!