This dish is perfect for a Sunday dinner accompanied by vegetables, roast potatoes, and lashings of rich gravy.
Special thanks to Victoria Harley for the image: split-pin.co.uk
- Thoroughly wash your lentils and rice. Cook them following the packet instructions. The recipe will hold together better if the lentils are slightly overcooked. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare all your other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Once heated, add the onion, garlic, carrot, and kale. Cook for a two minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, oregano and thyme and continue to cook until everything is tender.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine your vegetables, rice, and lentils with the ground flax seeds, nutritional yeast, nuts, and raisins.
- Mix everything well to ensure good binding of the ingredients.
- Press the mixture firmly into a casserole dish.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with some rich onion gravy!