This hearty winter stew is packed full of vegetables, herbs and even some festive chestnuts and is a great dish to cook slowly throughout the day to make your home smell amazing and give you a nutritious and delicious meal!
- Heat your favourite oil or cooking fat in a large casserole dish (we used cocoa butter – you could also use butter, ghee or rapeseed oil to name a few)
- Fry the onions for a few minutes until soft and translucent
- Add the swede, squash, mushrooms and more seasoning to the casserole, and sweat for approximately 10 minutes… until the mushrooms are soft
- Stir in the fresh thyme and chestnuts, and almost cover the ingredients with boiling water (if unsure best to add less, otherwise the stew will be too thin), add a little more seasoning
- Once it comes to the boil reduce the heat, cover with a lid and gently simmer for 40-60 minutes
- Season to taste and serve with fresh tarragon
- Optional: upgrade with Pulsin’ Pea Protein!