Looking for a delicious breaded chicken alternative? Try this creamy lemon Like Breaded Chicken by LikeMeat and Aaron Calder. We promise you’ll never look back!
1 pack (180g) LikeMeat Breaded Chicken
Spaghetti (enough for 2 people)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
A handful of peas (frozen works best)
250ml of vegan cream (or plant milk)
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp English mustard
The juice and zest from one lemon
1 vegetable stock cube.
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
A generous pinch sea salt and a grind of black pepper
1. Prepare the spaghetti in a saucepan and allow to cook while you’re making the sauce.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
3. Add the chopped onion and fry for 3-4 minutes to soften.
4. Add the garlic and stir in. Stir in the frozen peas and cook for a couple more minutes.
5. Pour in the cream with the onions plus lemon juice, zest, mustard, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, stock cube and paprika.
6. Simmer for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. In a separate pan fry the breaded chicken for 3 minutes each side.
8. Drain the cooked spaghetti (saving a little of the pasta water) and add the spaghetti to the lemon sauce.
9. Add a little of the pasta water to the sauce to thicken it. Coat the spaghetti in the sauce and pour into bowls.
10. Slice the breaded chicken into strips and place on top of the pasta.
11. Garnish with a dash of olive oil, parsley and lemon zest.