Cute, bite-sized desserts that are not only delicious but are also gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free and made using unrefined sugars.
Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus 15 minutes chilling
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Heat the oven to 170c and lightly grease a mini muffin tin.
- Make the pastry by sifting the flour into the bowl of a food processor and adding the soya spread. Blend until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively, mix together in a bowl using your fingertips. Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl and stir in the agave nectar/maple syrup and a small amount of water at a time until a smooth dough comes together. Wrap it in cling film and leave in the fridge for 15 minutes, whilst you prepare the filling.
- Make an almond Frangipane by creaming the dairy-free spread and agave nectar/maple syrup together, then adding the gluten-free flour and ground almonds, mixing until well combined.
- Once the dough has chilled, roll it out between two sheets of cling film to about 1/4cm thickness. Use a cookie cutter or upside down glass to cut out pastry shells to fit into the mini muffin tin.
- Start filling the shells with bits of the Nākd Bakewell Tart bars, by rolling them into small discs to fill the bottom of the shell, coming up a third of the way.
- Spoon the Frangipane mixture on top and flatten with your finger to create a smooth top. Decorate with the flaked almonds and brush the tops with a little dairy-free milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning half way to ensure an even bake. Leave to cool and enjoy!