These easy-to-bake zesty orange and ginger cupcakes are a tasty snack or dessert with a surprisingly fiery twist that you can mix together in no time. Prefer a chocolatey treat? Satisfy your cravings by swapping 25g of flour for cocoa powder in the cupcake mix and decorate with chocolate flakes, mmm.
Recipe serves: 12
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- Preheat oven to 180° C, 160° C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Place soya milk and 1 tablespoon of the orange juice in a mixing bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sieve the flour, add the orange zest with the other cake ingredients and mix until well blended, light and fluffy, adding 1 tablespoon of the orange juice if needed.
- Divide the mixture between a cupcake tray lined with 12 paper cases and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile to make the icing, beat together the Flora Freedom, icing sugar and 1-2 tablespoons of orange juice until well mixed.
- Spoon into a piping bag with a large star nozzle and when the cakes have completely cooled, decorate with swirls of orange icing and slices of ginger.