Want a healthy, tasty plant-based meal? Try these cheery coloured beetroot and chickpea burgers! They are incredibly easy to make: just pop all ingredients into a blender or food processor to mix and then shape into patties to pan-fry or bake.
- Drain the chickpeas and place in a blender or food processor. Add remaining burger ingredients and whizz to form a paste. The ground flaxseed and ground chia seeds will help the mixture bind together.
- Season with salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Using your hands, shape into burger-shape patties. You can leave these in the refrigerator for 15 mins or overnight to help the burgers keep their shape or can be cooked immediately, but just be a little careful in handling the burgers to ensure they retain their shape.
- If pan-frying: In a frying pan or griddle pan, melt a little coconut oil or add rapeseed oil and gently pan fry burgers 4 mins on each side on a low heat.
- If baking: bake the burgers on greased and lined baking parchment at 190C (170C fan) for 18-20 mins.
- Serve on a bed of guacamole in gem lettuce cups as pictured.
- To make the Homemade Guacamole: Blend together all these ingredients to form a lovely creamy dip.
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.