These rice balls are delicious as a quick snack as they are, or deep fry them for a delicious crunchy texture.
- Roll the rice into balls the size of a golf ball.
- Squeeze tightly in between your hands so they stick well together.
- Wet your hands in between to stop the rice from sticking to your fingers when rolling.
- Roll in the balls in some sesame seeds.
- Heat some sunflower frying oil in a heavy based pan. When the oil starts ‘dancing’ making shapes, drop a little rice in and test, it should float back up immediately.
- Fry the rice balls until slightly brown and crisp.
- Season with shoyu and eat hot.