This warming dish is the ultimate plant-based comfort food.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Cut the squash in half length-ways and scoop out and discard the seeds. Score the flesh with a cross hatch pattern using a sharp knife, brush lightly with a little oil, season generously with salt and pepper. Place on a parchment lined baking tray flesh side down and cook in the oven for 50-60 mins or until completely soft all the way through, you can check this by piercing the flesh with a knife.
2. Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions in seasoned water – Whilst the pasta is cooking, scoop the flesh from the butternut leaving the skin behind and place in a blender or processor along with the lemon juice, vegan parmesan, powdered garlic, mustard powder, 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink and nutmeg.
3. Heat the sauce through on the hob, adjusting the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Heat the remaining tbsp. of olive oil in a small pan over a medium heat and fry the sage leaves and hazelnuts until crispy.
5. Mix the pasta into the sauce and spoon into bowls, top with the sage and hazelnuts to serve.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!