Simple Spag Bol dish the kids will love!
- Add chopped rosemary and finely smashed cream crackers to a mixing bowl with the mustard, Fry’s burger cubes, and oregano.
- Add water a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- With clean hands scrunch and mix up well.
- With wet hands, roll the mix into little meatballs – you should end up with 24-28 balls.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and jiggle them about so they all get coated.
- Put them on a plate, cover and place in the fridge until needed.
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium heat and add some olive oil.
- Add onion to the frying pan and stir for around 7 minutes or until softened and lightly golden.
- Then add garlic and chilli (optional), and as soon as they start to get some colour add the basil leaves.
- Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and season to taste.
- Heat another large frying pan and add a lug of olive oil and your meatballs.
- Stir them around and cook for 8–10 minutes until golden.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer until the pasta is ready, then remove from the heat.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Saving some of the cooking water, drain the pasta in a colander.
- Return the pasta to the pan.
- Spoon half the tomato sauce into the pasta, adding a little splash of your reserved water to loosen.
- Serve on a large platter, or in separate bowls, with the rest of the sauce and meatballs on top.
- Sprinkle over the small basil leaves and some grated Parmesan (optional).