Roast the butternut squash and sweet potato for maximum flavour in this delicious spiced soup recipe. Make a big batch and it’ll feed you lunch for a few days.
- Roast the butternut squash and sweet potato with the olive oil and spices for 40 minutes, stirring halfway, or until soft and golden.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook until soft and golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the cooked squash and sweet potato making sure that you get all the spices out of the roasting tin and into the saucepan.
- Add 500ml vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then turn off the heat.
- Use a hand blender to puree until smooth. Check the consistency and add more vegetable stock if you prefer a more liquid soup.
- If you don’t have a hand blender and need to transfer this to a jug blender allow it to cool first.