Enjoy the changing colours of Autumn and all the delicious produce the season has to offer.
- Begin by chopping the squash into smallish chunks and cutting or peeling off the skin.
- Place the squash on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season. Roast for around 30mins at 180C until soft when you cut with a knife.
- Set aside to cool slightly. Meanwhile make the flax egg by grinding the flax seeds in a spice grinder or food processor and whisk together in a cup with the water. Leave for around 5 minutes until it becomes gelatinous.
- Put the squash into a large mixing bowl and mash until only a few lumps remain.
- Add in the flax egg and combine, the slowly add in the flour and bring together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed gently adding a little more flour if necessary to form a smooth dough that isn’t too sticky.
- Divide into 4 and roll each piece out with your hands to a form long, thin sausage.
- Cut into 2cm pieces. Pinch the ends together with your fingers to create a slight crescent shape and imprint with the back of a fork.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil, add in the gnocchi and simmer for 2-3 mins. When they rise to the top and float, they are done.
- Whilst the gnocchi is cooking, wash and chop the spinach and tomatoes. Gently cook together in a frying pan with the garlic until the spinach wilts.
- Spoon the gnocchi onto a warm serving dish using a slotted spoon and gently mix in the spinach and tomatoes.