1 small red cabbage
Bunch of spring onions
Bunch of fresh coriander
1 or 2 limes
Marinated tofu (either pre-bought or homemade)
Dipping sauce of your choice (sweet chilli, sriracha etc)
1 pack of rice paper
These vegan summer rolls are really easy and look beautiful too!
Perfect for dinner parties or light dinners on warm evenings, these rolls are a must-try.
The key to this recipe is the preparation, which only takes about 10 minutes, so first things first get your veggies and condiments ready and arranged in front of you.
Making these is a bit like a production line, so arrange all of the above in a way that all the pieces are accessible, then open the rice paper and get a large, shallow dish and fill it with warm water.
1) Soak one sheet of rice paper in the warm water until it becomes pliable, but not totally floppy. This should be about 10 – 20 seconds; it’ll continue to soften up once you take it out of the water.
2) Lay the sheet of rice paper in front of you, and then add into the middle of the rice paper in a line, the cabbage, carrot, cucumber and spring onion, tofu, a pinch of peanuts and coriander and a squeeze of lime. The trick here is to not overfill them as you’re going to roll them up.
3) Fold in the left and right sides of the rice paper, then fold up the bottom to cover the ingredients (think of making an envelope), then roll the rice paper and ingredients to make a roll.
4) Place on a plate and repeat steps 1-3 until you have enough summer rolls.
5) Serve with additional lime and coriander and with a selection of dipping sauces.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Check out these rainbow rolls with peanut dipping sauce!
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!