- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and cook 1 sliced onion until soft.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (Indonesian chilli sauce) and 6 tablespoons chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add 750g shredded Chinese cabbage and salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender.
- Serve hot with 2–3 spring onions and 1 shredded red chilli sprinkled over the top.
Recipe taken from The Meat Free Monday Cookbook. Foreword by Paul, Mary and Stella McCartney. Published by Kyle Books. Photography by Tara Fisher.
Find more great-tasting recipes on the Meat Free Monday website here.*
*Please note that this website also produces vegetarian recipes.