This is a quick easy meal designed for those of you who are just so knackered after work that you can't be bothered to cook. This takes very little time to prepare and is great fuel for your body that has been so hard at work all day.
Wrap the tofu in a clean cloth, place something flat on top of it, such as a chopping board. Add something heavy. Leave it to press for 1 hour. You can use a tofu press also.
Heat your oven to 200c.
Boil water in your kettle.
- Cut the tofu into bitesize squares and put it into a tupaware box. Add the tamari and sesame oil, put the lid on and rotate the box until the tofu is covered.
- Place the tofu on a baking sheet and into the oven whilst you cook the rest of the dish.
- Roughly chop the chilli and ginger. Blend these with the lime juice, dates and water.
- Put the hot water from your kettle in a large frying pan on the hob. Bring to the boil and add the noodles. Once cooked drain and set aside, return the pan to the heat.
- Add the oil and the veg, fry on a high heat, stirring occasionally. When the veg starts to char add the noodles, tofu and sauce. Add salt to taste.
- Tear the top leaves from the bunch of coriander. There is no need to chop it with a knife. Add to the dish, stir well and serve.