Sweet potato and black beans were born to be together and when served in between two tortillas it’s just heaven on earth. This vegan quesadilla, served with guacamole, is a delicious and filling vegan lunch.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)/200°C/gas mark 6. Roast the sweet potatoes with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and the chipotle flakes for 40 minutes, stirring half way, or until cooked through. When cooked roughly mash with a fork.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a medium frying pan.
- Add the onion and cook for around 10 minutes over a low-medium heat, stirring often, until soft.
- Add the garlic, cook for a further minute, then add the smoked paprika and ground cumin. Stir well then add the beans.
- As you continue to cook them mash the beans until they’re about half mashed, half whole.
- Add the cider vinegar and the chopped herbs, stir well and set aside.
- Heat a separate frying pan over a low heat. Place one wrap on the pan, then spread mashed sweet potato, beans and, if using, grated vegan cheese, on top. Cover with a second wrap. Keep an eye on the wraps and as soon as the bottom one is beginning to brown flip the whole lot over to cook the other side. You may find it easiest to use a plate to do this.
- Repeat with the remaining wraps and filling.
- Serve with mashed avocado and tomato salsa for a perfect vegan lunch