Yellow Curry Paste:
- Place all ingredients except coconut milk in a blender and blend well to a paste, gradually adding the coconut milk to get the right consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- To use, stir fry about 4 tbsp for about a minute until fragrant, then add some coconut milk and/or water to make a curry or use as below for noodle soup.
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions and set aside.
- Add the onion to a medium saucepan with a dash of water or oil or cooking spray and saute for about 5 minutes on a low-medium heat until starting to soften. Add the curry paste and saute for a further minute until fragrant.
- Add the coconut cream and about 250ml/1 cup of water and stir to make a broth.
- Add in the pepper and chopped coriander stalks (reserving the leaves) and cook for a few minutes until it just comes to the boil then add the spinach and allow to wilt, adding more water as you feel necessary to keep a creamy broth consistency. Stir through half of the coriander leaves, roughly chopped.
- Divide the noodles between serving bowls then spoon the broth over and garnish with slices of chili and coriander leaves.