A good tomato soup is a wonderful thing!
- Slice onion and saute until caramelised in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Finely chop garlic and add to the saucepan.
- Once garlic is cooked, turn heat to low and and tomatoes, herbs, bay leaves and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to the boil, then simmer, covered, on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, remove bay leaves from the pan, and blend with a stick blender until smooth and creamy.
- Taste the soup and add salt and pepper if needed.
- For the cream, melt a few tablespoons of the solid part of the coconut milk in a frying pan, then add some to each bowl of soup.