For the marinade:
100ml Elmlea Plant Single
1 tsp paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 tsp garam masalasalt
450g oyster mushrooms
For the sauce:
2 tbsp vegan butter (such as Flora Plant)
6 garlic cloves
1 thumb of ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp chilli powdersalt
170ml Elmlea Plant Single
1. To prepare the marinade, add the Elmlea Plant Single, paprika, cumin, garammasala, a big pinch of salt and the juice from the lemon to a large mixing bowl andstir to combine. Then tear the oyster mushrooms into 3-4cm pieces and add them tothe bowl. Stir until the mushrooms are totally coated in the marinade and leave to sitin the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 392°F.
3. Next pierce the mushrooms onto 4 skewers then add them to a baking tray, restingthe ends of the skewers over the sides of the tray. Roast for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile start preparing the sauce. Peel and dice the onion. Then add the veganbutter to a frying pan over a medium heat. Throw in the onion and fry for 6 minutes.Meanwhile peel and dice the garlic and ginger. Then add them to the pan and fry for3 minutes.
5. Next add the cumin, garam masala, turmeric and ground coriander and fry for 3minutes.
6. Then add the tinned tomatoes, sugar and chilli powder to the pan along with a bigpinch of salt. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or untilthe sauce has thickened.
7. Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
8. Transfer the sauce to a blender (this is optional), blend until smooth, then pour thesauce back into the pan and stir in the remaining Elmlea Plant Single.
9. Remove the mushrooms from the skewers and add them straight to the pan alongwith any juices that have gathered in the baking tray. Heat through for 1-2 minutes.
10. Stir to combine then serve alongside some rice and chopped fresh coriander.