Vegans seem to really love pizza, especially when there is a dairy-free cheese on offer, so Pizza Express remains a firm favourite.
The pizzeria has many vegan-friendly dishes in its restaurants, with pizzas and salad dressings also available in its ‘Cook at Home’ supermarket range.
The first ever vegan PizzaExpress launched in Aldwych last Autumn, exclusively serving plant-based goodness so vegan, flexi or just plain curious pizza lovers can tuck into even more vegan flavours. The current menu features its biggest ever range of vegan dishes including the American Jack – smoky jackfruit ‘pepperoni’ and tomato with its signature vegan mozzarella alternative; and the Vegan Ad Astra’ – topped with Quorn, sweet red peppers, Cajun spice, red onion, tomato, garlic oil and vegan mozzarella alternative.
For Veganuary 2022, following thousands of customer calls to PizzaExpress for a vegan version of its iconic fan-favourite, the chain have launched vegan butter – the perfect side-kick for its beloved Dough Balls and pizza crusts. Available in the Aldwych location now but rolling out to 360 stores in March 2022.
So what are the vegan options at PizzaExpress?
Vegan Starters & Sides
- Marinated Green Olives. Pink peppercorns and garlic
- Slow-roasted Tomatoes. Oregano and garlic
- Chimichurri Dough Balls – Fluffy Dough Balls tossed in a zingy, herby Chimichurri sauce made with parsley, garlic, olive oil and a pinch of chilli – with extra sauce for dipping
- Mixed Salad
- Raw Slaw
- Italian Tomato Dip
- Smoky Tomato Harissa Dip
- Orto Calzone – For those who like it hot. Char-grilled courgettes, spinach, tomato, garlic, roasted peppers and some serious chilli. Served with salad and house dressing
- American Jack Classic Pizza – Smoky vegan jackfruit ‘pepperoni’, tomato with our signature vegan mozzarella alternative
- Leggera Quattro Verdure – Vibrant veg. Tenderstem® broccoli, mushrooms, red onion and black olives, with tomato, garlic oil and parsley
- Vegan Nourish Bowl – Mixed grains with lemon & herbs, garlic Tenderstem® broccoli, roasted peppers, baby spinach, rocket, cucumber, artichokes, and houmous with balsamic dressing
- Ginger & Pumpkin Cake
This information is accurate on 22/12/2022.