Getting your tinsel in a tangle over what to eat this Christmas? From meatless starters to dairy-free desserts, our vegan Christmas dinner guide has you covered.
Christmas is a time for indulgence and overeating and why should this be any different when you’re vegan?
You can veganise classic festive recipes or ditch tradition altogether and create your own. Thanks to the ever-growing plant-based ranges at supermarkets, celebrating Christmas has never been easier for vegans.
You can easily enjoy Christmas dinner without traditional starters and nibbles like pigs in blankets and smoked salmon. Most starters can be veganised with products from supermarkets if you don’t fancy making your own.
Ready-made vegan starters:
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen Meat-Free Maple Bangers in Blankets
- Tesco Plant Chef Fish-Free Tempura Coated Prawns
- Tesco Plant Chef Oriental Style Selection Pack
- Morrisons Plant Revolution No Pigs in Blankets
- Morrisons Plant Revolution Vegan Mushroom Pate
- Morrisons No Prawn Toast Baguette
- M&S Reindeer Steamed Buns
- M&S Plant Kitchen Crispy Oriental Selection Pack
- Aldi Plant Menu No Pigs In Blankets
- Waitrose Vegan Mini No Beef Empanadas
- Co-Op GRO No-Pork Pigs in Duvets
Alternatively, you could do away with tradition and experiment with completely new dishes. Why not kickstart your Christmas dinner with vegan sharing platters, wintry soups or veggie-packed samosas?
All too often meat is the centrepiece of holiday meals, but it doesn’t have to be this way. Instead of turkey, you can tuck into meat-free roasts which are just as delicious.
Ready-made vegan roasts:
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen Maple & Bourbon No-Gammon Joint
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen No-Beef Wellington
- Morrisons Plant Revolution Roast No Turkey Crown
- Morrisons Plant Revolution Beefless Wellington
- Morrisons Plant Revolution Gammon Joint with a Maple and Orange Glaze
- Asda Plant Based Turkey Crown with Umami Stock
- M&S Plant Kitchen Butternut, Almond & Pecan Nut Roast
- M&S Plant Kitchen Chicken Kyivs
- M&S Plant Kitchen Vegan Turkey Roast
- Aldi No Beef Wellington
- Aldi Vegan Camembert Nut Roast
- Aldi Vegan Festive Wreath
- Aldi Vegan Nut Roast
- Aldi Plant Menu No Turkey Roast
- Sainsbury’s Turkey Style Crown
- Sainsbury’s No Gammon with Blood Orange Glaze
- Waitrose Vegan Jewelled Roast with Fruity Centre
- Meatless Farm Chickenless Roast
Sides, Sauces and Trimmings
Although most traditional trimmings are vegetables, animal-derived ingredients like goose fat and honey are commonly used. Herbs are more than enough to add extra flavour to your veg. Instead of the usual stuffing, try an easy vegan stuffing recipe.
What about sauces? Fortunately, there are endless vegan sauce recipes at your fingertips. Keep it simple with our homemade vegan gravy recipe, or branch out and try yummy cranberry sauces. Whichever you go for, it’ll be bursting with plant-based flavour.
Ready-made vegan sauces and gravy
- M&S Plant Kitchen Vegan Gravy
- Aldi Plant Menu Vegan Gravy
Sides and trimmings
- Wicked Kitchen Jewelled Stuffing Balls
- Wicked Kitchen Seasonal Greens
- Wicked Kitchen Potato and Butternut Gratin
- Morrisons Plant Revolution Stuffing Pack
- M&S Vegan Vegetable Selection
- Aldi Vegan Stuffing Balls
- Aldi Plant Menu No Chicken, No Pork and No Fish Bites
- Aldi Plant Menu Cauliflower Popcorn and Sweet Potato Bites
Desserts and snacks
Of course, no Christmas meal is complete without a sumptuous dessert to finish off! There are plenty of ready-made desserts in supermarkets this year.
Ready-made vegan desserts and snacks
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen Outrageous Orange Chocolate
- Tesco Plant Chef Raspberry and Vanilla Layered Desserts
- Morrisons Vegan Chocolate and Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Asda Extra Special Vegan Chocolate Bauble
- M&S Santa’s Cookie Pot
- Aldi Plant Menu Vegan Cheese Selection Pack
- Aldi Moser Roth Vegan Truffles
- Sainsbury’s Quadruple Chocolate No-Cheesecake
- Co-Op Plant-Based Mince Pies
With all these flavourful alternatives on offer, you’re not missing out on anything by going vegan. Before you know it, turkey will be a distant memory! Need more festive tips? Check out our vegan Christmas hub.