Getting your tinsel in a tangle over what to eat this Christmas? From meatless starters to dairy-free desserts, our vegan Christmas dinner guide has you covered.
Christmas is a time for indulgence and overeating and why should this be any different when you’re vegan? You can veganise classic festive recipes or ditch tradition altogether and create your own. Thanks to the ever-growing plant-based ranges at supermarkets, celebrating Christmas has never been easier for vegans.
You can easily enjoy Christmas dinner without pigs in blankets, prawn cocktails and smoked salmon. Most traditional starters can be veganised with products from supermarkets if you don’t fancy making your own.
Ready-made vegan starters:
- THIS – Isn’t Pork Pigs in Blankets
- Gosh Veggie Cocktail Sausages Sage & Black Pepper
- M&S Plant Kitchen No Pork Pigs in Duvets
- M&S Plant Kitchen Vegan Duck Croquettes
- M&S Plant Kitchen Mini No Chicken Kievs
- M&S Plant Kitchen No Pork BBQ Bon Bons
- Asda Vegan Cocktail Sausages
- Asda Vegan Croquettes
- Asda Vegan Pigs in Blankets
- Morrisons No-Pigs In Blankets
- Morrisons Vegan Platter
- Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers No Salmon Fillets
- Co-Op GRO HO HO No Pigs in Blankets
- Tesco Plant Chef Mini Not-Dogs
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen Mini Mac Party Pots
- Aldi Vegan Dim Sum
- Aldi No Pigs in Blankets
Alternatively, you could do away with tradition and experiment with completely new dishes. Why not kickstart your Christmas dinner with vegan sharing platters, wintry soups or veggie-packed samosas?
All too often meat is the centrepiece of holiday meals, but it doesn’t have to be this way. Instead of turkey, you can tuck into meat-free roasts which are just as delicious.
Ready-made vegan roasts:
- Linda McCartney Vegetarian Beef Roast With Red Wine & Shallot Glaze
- Tofurky Plant-Based Roast & Wild Rice Stuffing
- Tofurky Ham Roast With Glaze
- Tofurky Plant-Based Holiday Feast
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen No-Turkey Roast Crown
- Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers No Turkey Crown
- Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers No Gammon with Maple Glaze
- Morrisons Vegan Roast Joint with Herb & Onion Stuffing
- Waitrose Vegan Jewelled Roast with a Fruit Centre
- M&S Plant Kitchen Vegan Beef Wellington
- M&S Plant Kitchen Vegan Turkey Rolled Roast
- Asda Vegan Wreath
- Co-Op GRO HO HO Turk’y Joint
- Aldi Plant Menu No Turkey Crown with Vegan Bacon
- Aldi Specially Selected Vegan Festive Wreath
Why stop at meat substitutes? Being vegan means you’re not bound by the same dish year in, year out. For a memorable main event, feast on a delicious nut roast or veggie-filled wellington.
Ready-made meatless mains
- Morrisons The Best Vegetable Wellington
- M&S Plant Kitchen Beetroot Bourguignon Pie
- M&S Plant Kitchen Vegan Butternut, Almond & Pecan Nut Roast
- Tesco Plant Chef Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin
- Tesco Plant Chef Portobello Mushroom Wellington
- Tesco Plant Chef Festive Parcels with Beet Sauce and Horseradish Crumb
- Aldi Specially Selected Root Vegetable Bake
You can also whip up our nut roast recipe or try this mushroom and chestnut wellington is the perfect main event. A scrumptious vegan Christmas pie is also guaranteed to fill you up. With so much choice available, you can treat your tastebuds to a different recipe every year. Who needs meat!
Sides, Sauces and Trimmings
Although most traditional trimmings are vegetables, animal-derived ingredients like goose fat and honey are commonly used. Herbs are more than enough to add extra flavour to your veg. Instead of the usual stuffing, try an easy vegan stuffing recipe.
What about sauces? Fortunately, there are endless vegan sauce recipes at your fingertips. Keep it simple with our homemade vegan gravy recipe, or branch out and try yummy cranberry sauces. Whichever you go for, it’ll be bursting with plant-based flavour.
Ready-made vegan sauces and extras
- Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers No Goose Fat
- Morrisons Vegan Gravy
- M&S Plant Kitchen Oat Brandy Sauce
- M&S Plant Kitchen Cranberry & Orange Stuffing
- Co-Op GRO HO GO GRAVY
- Co-Op GRO HO HO Stuffing Balls
- Aldi Plant Menu Vegan Gravy
- Aldi Specially Selected Vegan Stuffing Balls (Spiced Cranberry & Clementine or Sage & Onion flavours)
Desserts and snacks
Of course, no Christmas meal is complete without a sumptuous dessert to finish off. Vegan desserts are a piece of cake once you know where to start with them. All the festive favourites can be made vegan, from Christmas cake and pudding to Yule logs and cheesecake.
Get your apron on and create Christmas showstoppers with aquafaba instead of egg, vegan margarine instead of butter and plant-based milk instead of dairy. Our vegan baking guide is a handy resource for novice dairy-free bakers.
There are also plenty of ready-made desserts in supermarkets this year.
Ready-made vegan desserts and snacks
- Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers Mince Pies
- Sainsbury’s Plant Pioneers Cheese Selection
- Morrisons The Best Vegan Strawberry Trifle
- Waitrose Vegan Winter Pudding
- Waitrose Vegan Mince Pies
- Asda Vegan Cheese Platter
- Asda Heat to Eat Cookies
- Asda Vegan Tart
- M&S Plant Kitchen Melt in the Middle Chocolate Pudding
- M&S Plant Kitchen Mince Pies
- Co-Op GRO Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen Iced Christmas Cake
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen Spiced Rum Christmas Pudding
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen Seriously Shortbread
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Tesco Wicked Kitchen Belgian Chocolate and Salted Caramel Log
- Aldi Vegan Speculoos Cheezecake
- Aldi Specially Selected Vegan Chocolate Torte Slices
- Aldi Moser Roth Vegan Truffles
- Aldi Plant Based Camembert with a Cranberry Centre
With all these flavourful alternatives on offer, you’re not missing out on anything by going vegan. Before you know it, turkey will be a distant memory! Need more festive tips? Check out our vegan Christmas hub.