80g sushi rice
10ml rice vinegar
150g Future Farm Tuna
100g plant-based mayo
10g fresh ginger, grated
10g chives, finely chopped
1 cucumber, cut into long batons (1 x 10cm)
1 uni nori sheet
150ml teriyaki sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
These avocado tuna sushi rolls by Future Farm will change your lunchtimes forever! Complete with crispy nori seaweed and tasty teriyaki sauce, these vegan sushi rolls are a real treat for the tastebuds.
Total time: 1 hour
TIP: You don’t want your avocado to be too ripe, so they’re easier to slice and roll!
1. Boil the sushi rice for approximately 18 minutes (but be sure to check your rice packet instructions to check, as it varies from brand to brand), drain the water and mix in the rice vinegar. Let it cool.
2. In a bowl, mix the Future Tuna with the vegan mayo, ginger, chives and zest of the lemon. Season well with salt and pepper, then transfer the mixture into a piping bag.
3. Peel the avocados and slice very thinly, using a mandoline if you like. Drizzle a little bit of lemon juice over them to stop the oxidation.
4. Lay a large sheet of cling film down on your work surface and create a large rectangle of tightly compacted slices of avocado, so you cannot see through to the cling film.
5. Add a layer of cooled rice on top of the avocado slices – it can help to use a wet hand to push the rice out so that it doesn’t stick to your hands.
6. Pipe a long line of the Future Tuna mixture down the centre of the rice base, then lay the cucumber rectangles alongside it. Gently roll the avocado slices over so you have a tight cylinder. Squeeze the sides of the cling film and make sure it feels compact. Refrigerate the rolls for 30 minutes before slicing.
7. Slice and serve on crispy nori sheets with a drizzle of teriyaki sauce.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!