These black bean burgers are delicious! Plus they are perfect for the health conscious and those following a gluten-free diet or high protein low carb diets.
- If baking the burgers, preheat the oven to 160ºC (350ºF) and grease a baking
sheet with a little spray coconut oil
- Put the red pepper, red onion chunks, garlic cloves and sun-dried tomatoes in
a blender or food processor. Whizz to combine
- Tip out the tomato and pepper contents into a large mixing bowl
- Place the cashews, pumpkin seeds, goji berries into a blender or food processor along with the spices and whizz to form a grainy texture (allow for some gritty bits to add texture to the burgers)
- Tip into the bowl containing the tomato-pepper mixture
- Put the drained black beans, fresh coriander, tamari, lime juice, chilli flakes, cumin and coriander into the blender or food processor and whizz to form a paste
- Add to the bowl containing the chopped tomatoes, peppers and onions. Add the oats or gram flour, milled chia seeds and protein powder. Mix well together. Season well
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 6 burger patties. Place patties on the baking sheet
- Bake for 25 mins. Alternatively, you can pan-fry the burgers for 13-15 mins (flipping over half way through)
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.