2 tablespoons neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable)
1 large onion, finely diced
4 garlic cloves, grated
A thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
2 teaspoons garam masala
1 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves aka. methi (optional)
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 x 400 g tin of finely chopped tomatoes or passata
1 x 400 g tin of coconut milk
2 x 160 g packets of Future Farm Chick’n
Juice of 1/2 lemon
A small handful of coriander, very finely chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and sautee on a low heat for around 10 minutes until soft, translucent and beginning to gain some colour.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
3. Add the spices, along with a splash of water (to prevent the spices from scorching).
4. Add the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute before adding the tinned tomatoes, coconut milk and chick’n.
5. Cook on a medium low heat for 20 minutes until thickened and creamy. Season well with salt and lemon juice.
6. Serve with a sprinkling of coriander and sides of your choice like rice, naan and mango chutney.