This layered chocolate mousse is as tasty as it looks, and it is gluten-free too.
Vegan Raspberry and Chocolate Crumble
- Mix every dry ingredient in a bowl and add the melted vegan butter to bind the mix together.
- Spread out evenly on a lined baking tray and cook at 170c for 12-15 minutes.
- Once cooled add the raspberry pieces and set aside.
- If you wish to prepare this in advance, the crumble can be stored in a airtight container for up to five days.
Caramel Layer (Optional)
- Mix the almond milk with the corn starch and warm up gently in a small pan until 50c-60c, set aside.
- Heat the sugar in a pan on a medium heat until it reaches a light golden caramel, turn the heat to low and then slowly add the milk, whisking all the time until fully incorporated.
- Once all the milk is in, bring the mix to the boil and whisk constantly for 1 minute (this will cook the cornstarch and thicken the mix)
- Take off the heat, whisk in the butter until it is emulsified and set aside in a bowl to cool to room temperature.
- Warm the chocolate gently in the microwave and stir with a spoon until melted.
- Drain off the tofu and place it into a blender with all the other ingredients, blend until smooth.
- Put to one side until you are ready to pour into the glasses (Do not store it in the fridge while you gather the other elements, it will become to firm to pour)
Start with pouring a small amount of mousse into the bottom of the glass and layer with the crumble, followed by another layer of mousse.
Place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes before topping with a spoonful of caramel and finishing with more crumble.