200g Seitan crumble
3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
6-7 medium cup mushrooms
1 small onion
1 stick celery
1 small carrot
1 pinch chili flakes
2 bay leaves
400g chopped tomatoes
1 small bunch flat parsley
Salt and pepper
500g dry Maccheroni or mezze maniche or any short pasta of your choice
1. Chop finely the onion, celery and carrot
2. Place in a heavy casserole and add the olive oil, chilli and bay leaves.
3. Start frying slowly until all the vegetables are soft and golden brown.
4. Chop the mushrooms finely and add in to the soffritto together with the seitan and cook until all the water is evaporated.
5. Add the tomato and bring to boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the sauce has thickened
7. Season with salt and pepper
8. Cook the pasta as per package instruction in salted boiling water
9. Drain and toss in the ragu
10. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately