200g Seitan crumble
3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
6-7 medium cups mushrooms
1 small onion
1 stick celery
1 small carrot
1 pinch chilli flakes
2 bay leaves
400g chopped tomatoes
1 small bunch flat parsley
Salt and pepper
500g dry Maccheroni or mezze maniche or any short pasta of your choice
This hearty vegan ragu really hits the spot. Perfect for lunch or dinner, it’s a real crowd-pleaser.
Recipe by Spaghetti House.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
1. Chop finely the onion, celery and carrot.
2. Place in a heavy casserole and add the olive oil, chilli and bay leaves.
3. Start frying slowly until all the vegetables are soft and golden brown.
4. Chop the mushrooms finely and add to the soffritto together with the seitan and cook until all the water is evaporated.
5. Add the tomato and bring to boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Cook the pasta as per package instructions in salted boiling water.
9. Drain and toss in the ragu.
10. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.
If you liked this vegan ragu, try this high-protein creamy pasta.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!