Sweet-ness, how I love thee! Wanna be the hit of the party? Offer up this wicked colourful, subtle deliciousness that will warm the hearts of your loved ones.
- In a medium-size bowl add ginger, lime, miso and herbs and mix well, add Wicked Healthy “cheez’ sauce to this and mix until incorporated.
- Slice potatoes as thin as you can on Mandolin. Mind your fingers! Best not to rinse them after sliced, add to a large Bowl.
- Slice onions into super thin rounds, rinse with cold water and set aside in separate bowl.
- Add sauce with the sweet potatoes and mix well to coat each slice. Add a little sauce to the onions too and toss.
- In a large baking pan. Spray oil pan and assemble potatoes evenly throughout the pan about 3 inches thick / pour remainder of sauce on top. Just enough so it reaches the top 1/2 inch of the layers.
- Mix onions with a little bit of extra sauce just enough to coat and spread evenly on top of potatoes.
- Cover with tin foil – try to keep foil tight and not touching the top of the potatoes.
- Bake covered @ 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until tender and skewer can go through easily.
- Uncover and roast another 10 – 15 minutes to brown the top and crisp the onions – remove from heat and let rest 20 minutes before slicing.
NOTE: For an amazing vegan cheese sauce, check out the recipe for our Wicked Healthy Base Cheez Sauce here.
Recipe courtesy of Wicked Healthy, for Veganuary
Imagery © Derek Sarno
Find more great-tasting recipes on the Wicked Healthy website here.