• 400g OmniPork Mince
• 100g OmniPork Strips
• 2 tablespoons corn starch
• Small bunch thyme
• Ground black pepper
• Sea salt
• Olive oil
• English mustard
• 320g ready roll sheet puff pastry
• 320g ready roll sheet puff pastry for lattice top (optional)
• Non-dairy milk
• 300g chestnut mushrooms
• 1 small red onion
• 100g chestnuts (boiled or roasted and peeled)
• 1 sprig of thyme
1. Roughly chop the OmniPork strips and add to the OmniPork mince. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the corn starch and mix well. Put in fridge to chill for 30 mins.
2. Use clingfilm to form the mince mixture into a log shape approximately 20cm in length. Leave in fridge to chill whilst preparing the mushroom duxelles.
3. For the mushroom duxelles, dice the mushrooms and onions finely (or use a food processor). Cook the diced mushrooms and onions over a medium heat, season with black pepper, salt and thyme leaves, until all the water is cooked off. Roughly chop the chestnuts and add to the mixture. Set aside and let it cool down completely.
4. Heat a pan with a good lug of oil and add a small bunch of thyme. Season the Omni log generously with black pepper and salt and sear all sides over high heat. Whilst the Omni log is still hot, use a pastry brush and cover it with mustard.
5. Unroll the puff pastry and spread the mushroom duxelles so that they will cover the entire Omni log once rolled over.
6. Place the Omni log on top of the mushroom duxelles and use a non-dairy milk to wash the edges of the puff pastry. Carefully roll over the puff pastry, covering the entire Omni log. Cut off any excess pastry and pinch to seal the ends.
7. Optional (skip to step 8)– Wash the pastry with non-diary milk and place a lattice pastry on top using the second pack of puff pastry roll. Wash the lattice work with non-dairy milk, season with salt and bake for 30mins in a preheated oven at 200c.
8. Preheat the oven to 200c. Wash the pastry with non-diary milk and, if not using a lattice top, carve the pastry with the back of a knife taking care not to cut through. Season with salt and place on an oiled baking tray. Cook for 30 mins.
Sign up to receive a celebrity e-cookbook along with inspiring recipes, meal plans and more. All our resources are 100% free!
Already signed up? No need to register again, keep an eye on your inbox for your cookbook!