salt & pepper
3 red peppers
2 red onions
4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
4 garlic cloves
3 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons of vegan-friendly red pesto
12 lasagne sheets
100g grated vegan cheese
For the creamy bechamel:
70g vegan butter (such as Flora Plant)
70g plain flour
200ml Elmlea Plant Double
650ml plant-based milk
4 tbsp of nutritional yeast
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 392°F. Top and tail the carrots then slice them into1/2cm thick rings. Add them to a large baking tray, sprinkle with small pinches of saltand pepper and drizzle with a light splash of olive oil. Toss through with your handsthen roast for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile remove the stems from the red peppers and dice them. Then top and tailthe courgettes and peel the red onions then slice both into 1/2cm rings. Finely chopthe rosemary leaves.
3. Add the red peppers, courgettes, red onion and rosemary to the baking tray with thecarrots along with small pinches of salt and pepper and a light drizzle of olive oil.Toss with a spoon to combine everything together. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Drizzle a little olive oil in a medium saucepan on a medium heat. Peel and dice thegarlic cloves then throw them into the saucepan and fry for 2 minutes. Next add thetinned tomatoes and small pinches of salt and pepper. Bring the sauce to the boilthen reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile add the vegan butter to a frying pan over a medium heat. Once melted,add the flour, stir to combine and fry for 2 minutes. Pour in the Elmlea Plant Doubleand whisk regularly so that the sauce becomes smooth. Gradually pour in the milk,whisking continuously so the sauce remains smooth. Season with pinches of salt andpepper, then add the nutritional yeast. Continue stirring until the sauce begins tothicken.
6. To build the lasagne, first add a few large spoonfuls of the tomato sauce to a largeroasting dish and spread evenly. Then layer with 4 sheets of lasagne, followed by afew spoonfuls of bechamel. Next evenly spread 1/3 of the roasted vegetables on top.Repeat one more time starting again with a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce until youhave 2 layers of lasagne sheets. Next later with a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce, 4lasagne sheets, and a few spoonfuls of bechamel. Next evenly spread the pesto overthe bechamel and then layer with the remaining roasted vegetables. Finish with thelast few spoonfuls of tomato sauce. Next sprinkle over the grated vegan cheese andfinally spoon the remaining bechamel over the top. Spread the bechamel out evenlyover the top of the lasagne.
7. Roast in the oven 30-35 minutes or until golden on top. Leave to sit for at least 10minutes before serving.