Often enough people say no to vegan because they fear they will have to stay away from lots of the things they enjoy, like cheese and desserts (I know I’ve been there). You’ll be glad to hear things aren’t all that grim! Take these bonbons for instance.
You only really need cocoa powder and cocoa butter (no milk or butter!) to make raw vegan chocolate. In this recipe I also used peanut butter, ground hazelnuts and a pinch of chilli. If you’re not a fan of spicy chocolate, try using cinnamon instead. That’s the great thing about raw chocolate, there’s plenty of room to be creative!
1. Melt the cocoa butter over a bain marie.
2. Slowly stir in the cocoa powder and the agave syrup, and take off the heat.
3. In a bowl, mix the ground hazelnuts, the chilli and the peanut butter.
4. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture in the silicone mould, filling the bonbon holes half way.
5. With a teaspoon, scoop some of the peanut butter mixture into each hole. Top off your bonbons with another layer of chocolate mix.
6. Stick in the freezer for a couple of hours or leave in the fridge overnight.